2019 NEW Book Release!
Aloha! Not only has our family purchased an investment condo in Kona, we have been involved in property management of three condo complexes and have educated the public on real estate for over five years on the island and 15 in the SF Bay Area.
Hawai'i is a unique real estate market and there are nuances that you won’t find in a single guide, but WILL impact you if you buy a condo, single family home, investment property or land on the Big Island.
Before you call a real estate agent, do your homework!
I wrote this book to give you the insider scoop on everything you need to know, so you can make intelligent decisions for you and your family on making the leap to buying real estate on an island.
My husband and I visit the Big Island annually and intend to move to Kailua-Kona in the next 2-3 years. We have been researching online and visiting open houses trying to gather any information we can before we make the big move. I was surprised and very pleased with the depth of the information provided in the “Insider’s Guide to Buying Real Estate on the Big Island of Hawai’i”. I learned important information on property taxes and unique escrow practices. I appreciated learning about the origin of leasehold property and at least a dozen other topics that were a complete surprise. I am very happy with the purchase. It is a well written reference manual for those interested in buying property on the Big Island.
Kathleen and Paul
Here is a Sample of the Topics we Cover in this Book
- Where Do You Want to Live on the Big Island?
- 2019 Short Term Vacation Rental Ordinance
- Oceanfront Living-Salt Water, Flood Zones and More
- Five Things You Need To Know About Elevation
- Lava Zones 101
- Do You Need Flood Insurance?
- Understanding Fee Simple Vs. Leasehold
- What time of year is the best time to buy a house?
- Hawaii Property Taxes-Good Things To Know
- Property Tax Exemptions for Residents Over 60
- Big Island Pests and What You Need To Know About Them
- Pros and Cons of Living On A Golf Course in Hawaii
- Rainwater Catchment Systems
- Cesspool Conversion Issues
How to Move to Kona
Aloha! Not only has our family moved to Kona, we've done it three times!
I wrote this book to give you valuable insights and information to help you make the move less stressful, save you time in researching, and help you decide if moving here is all you thought it would be.
I provide tips on cultural knowledge, moving your pets, finding a good school and more. Click Here to see the chapter list on Amazon!
If you have ever considered making a move to the Big Island, this book offers a glimpse of what the perils and possibilities are and will save you from making costly mistakes on your way to paradise.