On January 14-15th, 2023, 365 Hawaii Living/365Kona is sponsoring the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce Living and Design Expo at the Outrigger Kona Convention Center. We will be hosting a 20×20 education and resource booth! We are offering seminars about the real estate market, mortgage programs, home ownership issues in Hawaii and volunteer opportunities. The event is free to attend!
Julie and Eric Ziemelis, 365Hawaii Group of Keller Williams Realty, and founders of 365Kona and 365Hawaii, along with mortgage experts from VIP Mortgage and real estate advisors in West Hawaii will be on hand to lend one on one advice, resource materials, available listing information, and more!
NOT Your Average Tradeshow Booth!
- Come ask questions about moving to the island and how to create community.
- Learn how to get involved! I will lead a panel on volunteerism with four non-profit organizations speaking.
- Local legislation affecting homeowners- We will discuss issues affecting West Hawaii such as the new Short Term Vacation Rental bill, cesspool/septic retrofits, permits and zoning, and more.
- Commercial Realtor, Susie Scribner will be on hand to discuss office space, costs, availability, etc.
- Kris Adair is leading the round table on the STVR legislation on legal ohanas.
- Lance Owens, Realtor and First Vice President of the Hawaii Association of Realtors, is providing the West Hawaii market update and can chat about issues in the County affecting homeownership
- Invite your young adults/teens to our Homeownership 101 session to learn the basics of mortgages and real estate which are not taught in school.
- We will be holding a raffle each hour! Magics Grill gift cards, books, calendars, coffee, local gifts and more
It’s going to be a knowledge packed opportunity! And yes, I will be moderating the panels, too!
Eric Ziemelis is running the video so we can keep all this goodness also on YouTube and if you are a business owner in Kona, come by and we will interview you for our Spotlight series on businesses.
365 Hawaii Living Presentation Agenda
Saturday -January 14
9:00 What You Need to Know About Buying A Condo in West Hawaii? – Realtor Panel Discussion – Jana Mahoney and Julie Ziemelis, KW Big Island
10:00 West Hawaii Market Update -What will 2023 hold for housing prices? – Lance Owens, Realtor, Second Vice President Hawaii Association of Realtors
11:00 New Mortgage Programs For Buyers To Compete In A Competitive Market – Travis Green, VIP Mortgage
12:00 Giving Back to West Hawaii – Volunteer Opportunities for Housing, Conservation, Art and more
Cindi Punihaole- Reef Teach, Ashley Raymond- Donkey Mill Art Center, Margo Takata- Habitat for Humanity, Anne Van Brunt-Hawaii Keiki Museum
1:00 Is it Still a Good Time to Sell My Home in 2023? Realtor Panel Discussion – Amber Haley, REAL Broker, Jana Mahoney and Julie Ziemelis, KW Big Island
1:30 Hot Issues Affecting Big Island Homeowners – Lance Owens, Realtor, Second Vice President Hawaii Association of Realtors
2:00 Homebuying 101-Basics for Beginners – Realtor and Mortgage Panel
3:00 Short Term Vacation Rental Roundtable – Moderated by Kris Adair, Ohana Aina Association
Sunday – January 15
9:00 365Hawaii Talk Story Time – Julie and Eric Ziemelis
10:00 West Hawaii Real Estate Market Update – Lance Owens, Realtor, Second Vice President Hawaii Association of Realtors
11:00 Hot Issues Affecting Big Island Homeowners- Realtor Panel Discussion- Amber Haley, Real Broker, Jana Mahoney and Julie Ziemelis, KW Big Island
12:00 Winning Strategies for Buying A Home in West Hawaii – Realtor and Mortgage Panel
1:00 Mortgage rate update and programs to compete in the current market-Travis Green, VIP Mortgage
2:00 Special considerations about owning a home in Hawaii – landscaping, upkeep, taxes, costs, etc – Realtor Panel Discussion- Amber Haley, Real Broker, Jana Mahoney and Julie Ziemelis, KW Big Island
Julie is the author of “How To Move To Kona” and “The Insiders Guide to Buying Real Estate on the Big Island of Hawaii“. She also wrote a memoir of her first year on Hawaii Island,“1 year, 2 kids and 800 Sq feet- Living Small on The Big Island” These books will be available for sale at the Expo booth.
Julie also hosts three monthly real estate shows on the “365Hawaii Group Real Estate Minute‘ YouTube channel and Hawaii Island Real Estate podcast. Come watch the team live as we give the West Hawaii Market Update on Saturday morning!
Need more info? Email Julie at Julie@Ziemelis.com
Looking to buy or sell? We can help! Check out our main real estate website at www.365HawaiiLiving.com